Workout & Vegetarian Grilling
Earlier today I stumbled across an article that talks about the "1 hotdog every 45 days rule".
It was from an article in the NY Times about how processed meats increase our risk of cancer. Here's what the lead researcher said...
"To prevent premature deaths related to red and processed meats, Dr. Popkin suggested in an interview that people should eat a hamburger only once or twice a week instead of every day, a small steak once a week instead of every other day, and a hot dog every month and a half instead of once a week."
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below...
Todays' musclemorphosis.com was...
1) Power Clean
3A) Good Morning
3B) Close-Grip Bench Press
And then I went home and made...
• Almond butter sandwich on 2 slices whole grain bread
• Blender drink (this one looked bad AND tasted bad – nice work Muscle Morphosis - that's Blender Drinks Gone Bad V)
o 1 banana, 1 peach, spinach, almond milk, sunflower seeds, peanut butter, carob powder (never again!)
But dinner turned out awesome...I even tried my hand at musclemorphosis.com and was pleasantly surprised by the grilled eggplant and portobella mushroom. They both exceeded my expectations.
5pm – Dinner
• Grilled eggplant (marinate in olive oil, sea salt, and garlic powder then place on bbq grill)
• Grilled portobella mushroom burger (marinate in olive oil and sea salt then place on bbq grill and put between two pieces of whole grain bread – it was really good, better than expected)
• Sauteed sweet potato slices in olive oil
• 1c almond milk
That dinner was great. I don’t go “all out” on cooking like that too often, but I’m glad I did. I was pleasantly surprised by how good both the eggplant and mushroom turned out.
The burger wins in today's battle of "hot dogs vs. burgers",
Muscle Morphosis, MS