5 Tips for Fat Loss
5 Guaranteed Fat Burning Tips for 2010
It's easy to get caught up in the latest "weight loss craze", but it is essential for you to never stray too far from the basics.
The basics are what work time and time again. That's how men and women get REAL, long-term results.
The 5 simple steps to success are:
1) Review your food journal.
Research shows that if you use a food journal, you should lose up to 3.5 pounds more than if you didn't. Pretty simple, huh?
2) Use Fitday.com to see if your calories have crept up.
When people ask me how many calories they should be eating, I simply tell them to do three things.
- Go to Fitday.com and find out how many calories they are eating now.
- Cut that number by 20% if they are not losing weight.
- Improve the quality of their diet by eating at least 5 servings of fruit and 5 servings of vegetables each day (in addition to your other healthy foods).
The fat will fall off with this simple guideline.
3) Stop doing long, slow, boring cardio and switch to interval training.
Unless you are training for a marathon, a 10-K, or if you just love cardio more than life itself, there's really no reason to do long, slow boring cardio.
Switch to shorter interval training sessions and you'll get more results, have more fun, and do it all in less than half the time.
4) Review your workouts for best results.
In addition to your food journal, you should keep a workout journal. This will allow you to go back through your past workouts to find out which ones worked best for you and which ones you enjoyed. If
you're struggling now, I suggest returning to the program that gave you the best results in the past.
5) Include resistance training in your workouts to help you sculpt your body.
Look at your body as a sculpture...sure you might have a little extra plaster on it, but you'll get that off fastest with nutrition,not long cardio.
So use nutrition to lose the fat, and resistance training supersets,you'll sculpt your body like a beautiful work of art.
If you're ready to go sleeveless, to get a flat stomach, and even to show off your body at the beach, then you need resistance training and intervals to take you there.